We are the premier provider of pediatric pulmonary and sleep medicine services in Florida. With locations in Winter Park, South Orlando, East Orlando, Daytona, Lakeland, Leesburg, Melbourne, Tampa and New Port Richey, we are by far, the leading provider in Central Florida. Our medical director, Dr Akinyemi Ajayi, is certified in Pediatrics, Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Medicine by the American board of Pediatrics. He has received several awards and recognitions including Top Doctor, Best Doctor and Compassionate physician awards.
The Children’s Lung, Asthma & Sleep Specialists is a highly specialized private practice dedicated in the management of a broad range of pediatric pulmonary disorders as listed below. In addition, the practice also runs excellence program for asthma, technology dependent program, and high-risk and preterm infants program.
Our pulmonary staff consists of eight pediatric pulmonologists with certifications in pediatrics and pediatric pulmonary medicine as well as two pediatric nurse practitioners. The Children’s Lung, Asthma and Sleep Specialists treats children with acute and chronic diseases of the respiratory system, including but not limited to the conditions listed below:
- Aspiration syndromes
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia/ Chronic lung disease of prematurity
- Chest pain
- Chronic lung disease related to neuromuscular disorders
- Chronic cough
- Chronic nasal congestion
- Congenital pulmonary malformations
- Chronic supplemental oxygen requirement
- Croup/ recurrent croup
- Cystic fibrosis
- Exercise-related breathing problems
- Interstitial lung disease
- Laryngomalacia / tracheobroncomalacia
- Pulmonary disease related to immunocompromised states
- Recurrent and persistent /respiratory infections
- Rhinitis /Allergic or Chronic)
- Shortness of breath
- Sleep-related breathing problems
- Stridor (Noisy breathing)
- Tracheostomy/Non-invasive positive airway pressure ventilation
- Vocal cord dysfunction.